A Trip To One Of The 7 Wonders of WORLD

A Trip To One Of The 7 Wonders of WORLD 

Hello everyone! My name is Carlotta, I am a 22-year-old Italian student, recently graduated from the University of Padua. Following my graduation, I decided to apply as project coordinator at the non-profit organization HEEALS, in India. I would like to share with you one of the wonderful experiences I was able to have, during my internship. 



A trip entirely organized thanks to HEEALS, with an experienced guide, meals included, and a private taxi driver, made it possible to realize my dream of seeing the beauties of Agra City in one single day.

My journey began at 2 a.m., when the taxi driver picked me up directly from my accommodation and drove me to New Delhi, where I met the second driver and those who would be my traveling companions.

From here, my overnight journey officially began. After meeting and exchanging some small talk with my traveling companions, I was finally able to relax and admire the scenery outside the window with the dark and half-empty roads of the night. It is fascinating to think how the same roads, which are crowded with cars, motorcycles and tuk-tuks during the day, can empty out completely at night and make way for an almost unreal silence.



The trip took 3 hours in all, and I woke up at the crack of dawn. After a few minutes, the car stopped and a guide joined us. We had finally arrived in Agra! The first place we visited was, of course, the Taj Mahal!

We left our backpacks in the car and immediately headed for our first destination.

Sunrise is the best time of day to see and photograph it. The sunlight reflects off the white marble from which its octagonal walls are made, and makes it bright and radiant.

The guide gave us some time to take some pictures with our cameras and after that he began his explanation.

The first thing we were able to admire was the Guest House (or Darwaza), that is completely built of red sandstone in contrast to the main building in the center, the mausoleum, and that is perfectly simmetrical and of the same appearence and proportions of the Mosque, which is located to the east of the Taj Mahal. The gateaway of the Guest House is positioned so that the arched door forms an artistic frame for the Taj Mahal.



In contrast to these two structures, the Taj Mahal is built entirely of white marble and meticulously decorated. It is a perfect symmetrical planned building.
What impressed me the most were the detailed floreal patterns carved in the marble and the elegant arabic calligraphy at the tomb entrance.





Entering to the mausoleum, we could admire the tomb of the empress consort Mumtaz Mahal, located exactly in the middle of the octagonal structure, and on the left side, constructed 30 years after, the tomb of the emperor Shah Jahan. It was surprising to know that these ones were only illusory, in fact the real sarcophagi of the two emperors were situated in the crypt, in the lower part of the chamber. Unfortunately, tourists were not allowed to take pictures here.
At the end of our guided tour, we went to the roof terrace of the Taj Mahal and, after walking into a small dome, we had an amazing view of the Yamuna river and of the Mughal garden. The beauty of such a landscape left me speechless.





We had some time to rest and to take some other pictures before the ending of our journey.
Before leaving, we had also the opportunity to buy some little gifts for our loved ones at the very recommended shop “The Silver Hut”, where I bought two tiny and colored elephants that could remind me the colours of this city. I only wish I will have the opportunity to visit it again, in future!
For the moment, it has been a unique experience that I will never forget. 
Thank You HEEALS!




Website: www.heeals.org
Instagram: @heealsindia
Email : communications@heeals.org

                                                  Whatss app: +91-7982316660 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Menstrual hygiene too and how it effects mental health

Funding Forms A Crucial Component In NGO Sustainability

NO ONE TALKS ABOUT TEACHERS MENTAL HEALTH !